Women's Comedy Show and Charity Event (EN)

Title:

Women’s Comedy Show and Charity Event (EN)

Venue:

12 Rue Henri M. Schnadt,Luxembourg,2530,LU

Show Name:

Women’s Comedy Show and Charity Event (EN)

Host:

12 Rue Henri M. Schnadt,Luxembourg,2530,LU

Artists:

Date & Time:

MAR 12 AT 2 AM – MAR 12 AT 5 AM UTC+08

Show Description:

An all women comedy benefit show in favor of Stand, Speak, Rise up , an initiative aimed at ending sexual violence in fragile environments.

An all women comedy benefit show in favor of Stand, Speak, Rise up , an initiative aimed at ending sexual violence in fragile environments - An initiative of Her Royal Highness The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

ABOUT THE EVENT:
Two course dinner (with complimentary cremant) followed by a night of standup comedy featuring some of the finest International comedy talent in Europe. The evening will also feature a short raffle contest. Book your tickets now 🙂

1900 - Welcome (and complimentary cremant)
1915 - Address by Mr. Philippe Majerus from Stand, Speak, Rise up.
1930 to 2030 - Two course dinner (options available)
BREAK
2045 to 2145 - Standup Comedy Show

ABOUT THE ARTISTS:

JESSICA FOSTEKEW.
@jessicafostekew exists in real life but is also a comedian, actor and writer. Since 2008 she’s been throwing this job around like you would a walnut in a sock.
Jess was nominated for The Dave Edinburgh Comedy Award ‘Best Show’ for her show Hench, in 2019 which has since had a sold out, international tour. She has since appeared on Live at the Apollo, QI and Harry Hill’s Clubnite. As an actor she starred in feature films Greed and Official Secrets, Dawn French’s The Trouble with Maggie Cole on ITV, Sharon Horgan’s Motherland on BBC 2 and is an episode guest lead in Series 5 of Cuckoo on BBC and Netflix. She hosts her own podcast Hoovering all about eating which in less than a year has racked up nearly half a million downloads. Jess is a regular co-host of behemoth podcast The Guilty Feminist and is all set to host a brilliant new podcast from the same producers in 2019 called X, Y, Z Boom. She’s also been the regular host for several years now of BBC R4 Extra’s Comedy Club in the closing hours of weeknights.
Jess has written for BBC’s Mock The Week and C4’s 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown, as well as BBC R4’s News Quiz. She regularly writes for a bunch of other comedians both individually and in writing rooms for radio and TV.
Guardian say she “wears her smarts on her sleeve, great stuff” and Fest called her “consistently hilarious.”

ESTHER MANITO
@estherfunnyoldgoat Lebenase Essex Comedian. In her own words, This is a title I did not think I would have as I completely fell into comedy by accident. I was on maternity leave with my second baby and found that I had become a blob of matter…… I had lost all banter-ability. Yup, so I went to Camden Comedy School and thought that would get me out the house and give me back some brain power…I never intended to be a comic. In fact, after standing in front of the group during the second week of the course I went outside and threw up. 4 years later and I have done more than I ever imagined!
As seen on ITV2’s Stand Up Sketch Show
Winner of Best Show at Leicester Comedy Festival 2021
First Edinburgh show is now on Next Up and Britbox
First female comedian to perform at Dubai Opera House

BBC New Comedy Award 2016-2018
Funny Women Regional Finalist
Russel Kane’s Evil Genius
Heard on BBC Sounds BITESIZE for parents

Published author ‘Don’t Panic I’m Islamic’ available on Amazon.com (listen in The Sunday Times Booklist 2017)
“Ms Manito is a confident comic with a likeability factor which can do her no harm. Her stage presence and delivery enhance her well written material and it is easy to see why she is doing so well, both nationally and internationally,” One4Review
“Manito is an engaging and promising comic who will staunchly stand up for what she believes, and that alone makes her an interesting proposition.” – Chortle

JESS BAULDRY
Jess got her first taste of comedy, growing up in a UK pub where she endured decades of bad dad jokes. After many years of forehead slapping, she moved to Luxembourg where she has been honing her craft in the country’s finest stand-up venues. A regular on the local comedy circuit, Jess performs in French and English. Jess is a graduate in French and Theatre Studies at the University of London Royal Holloway and Bedford New College. She is an experienced Journalist with extensive writing and publishing experrience.

URL: