John Cleese - Last Time To See Me Before I Die // Tampere

Host:

Tampere-talo

Artists:

Date & Time:

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2022 AT 12:30 AM UTC+08

Show Description:

“Last Time To See Me Before I Die”
John Cleese is known worldwide for his black British humor, and that his last tour is called “Last Time To See Me Before I Die” should not have been a shock, but it is still something very nostalgic about it. However, the tour has been for over 5 years and that is quite reassuring because he has no reason to give up yet.
He is of course well known as the longest surviving member of Monty Python, and not least from the television series “Fawlty Towers”, but not rare, he is also referred to as the modern comedy godfather. Now he is 77, and even though he intends to retire with this tour, he is sharp as never before, both in humor and social criticism. Black comedy is not complete without going beyond friends and family, but this time he is even more focused.
The previous Europe tour sold out in a glance and received brilliant critics, and now the European fans of Cleese and Monty Python finally get the chance to see him one last time (again).
Without shouting too much, the show ends with both a solemn and very unusual funeral speech to himself at the same time. It’s possibly the last time one can see him live on a scene, but considering his mother was 101 years old and his unbeatable stamina, I do not think that speech is relevant yet

Buy tickets for this event now: