Show Name:

Improv - Level 1 Evening Course

Host:

Teachers Club

Artists:

Date & Time:

SEP 8 AT 2 AM – SEP 8 AT 5 AM UTC+08

Show Description:

Have you ever found yourself stuck for words?
Ever been expected to make a decision on the spot?
Are you looking to feel reconnected as we return to normal?
Want to do this in a fun and supportive environment?
Taking place over 6 Wednesday evenings from 7th September 2022.
Improvisation is a fun yet powerful way to release your creative potential in a fun and supportive environment! On the course, we explore the basics and fundamentals of improvisation both as a performing and professional skill. The course and workshops are designed to be fun and liberating as we unlock our creativity and conquer any inhibitions or fears we harbor when presenting or communicating through improv.
At the end of the course, participants will grasp the fundamentals of improvisation and will be able to apply those new skills to your personal, professional and performing life. From speaking off the cuff, to bringing an edge to your presentations, improv will bring an authentic edge to all aspects of what you do!
Course Content:

• Principles of Improv
  • Conscious Communication
  • Conquering self-imposed barriers to success
  • Speaking authentically
  • Inspiring and engaging a room
    Running over 6 Wednesday evenings (7pm to approx 10pm) from 7th September 2022, each workshop focuses on a different aspect of improvisation.
    Course dates
    7th Sep
    14th Sep
    21st Sep
    28th Sep
    5th Oct
    12th Oct
    Venue
    Teacher’s Club Theatre (Club na Múinteoirí)
    36 Parnell Square West
    Dublin 1
    D01 T6V6
    Course cost is €200. Class size is capped to ensure maximum benefit for all participants.
    Registration Link: https://www.lowerthetone.com/…/improv-level-1…/
    Terms & Conditions
    If a participant has to cancel their place due to Covid or if the government reintroduces restrictions resulting in the course being cancelled, participants will be refunded.
    Testimonials
    “I have to be honest, the first time I met Neil, I was scared. Scared because I didn’t really know what improv was about and I had no idea if I could do it or not! But in the space of an hour learning the basics, I went from reserved to liberated, I was hooked! I discovered straight away that improv is for anyone and everyone and that there are no mistakes only opportunities! All you have to do is let go, listen to your fellow improvisors and simply let the magic happen. I’ve had such a brilliant time taking part in Neil’s course and I’d highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn a bit more about themselves and anyone who wants to feel like a kid again and just play!”
    – Síle Seoige (TV Presenter)
    “Improv with Neil surpassed my expectations in many ways. The classes delivered were far more enjoyable and fun than I could have imagined. That was in part due to the nature of improv but in much larger part due to Neil’s skills in teaching, understanding, perception and communication. I was imagining a tuition on how to “do” whose line is it anyway type of scenarios but was surprised to be exploring the barriers that we have constructed as adults. And then I was given the encouragement and space to tear these barriers down and relearn vital skills we had as children. Subsequently life is now viewed through a different prism with a clarity that has more colours and depth of perception than ever before.”
    – Dr. Sim Lew-Gor, Consultant, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin
    “I highly recommend Neil’s course to anyone with a fear of public speaking or if they suffer from social anxiety. Aside from learning some really valuable skills, feeling brilliant and overcoming my own fears, I met some of the best people and have made some life-long friends. Improv is so liberating! I’m so glad I did it.”
    – Anna Shelswell-White (Journalist)
    “Neil’s Level 1 and 2 improv exceeded my expectations. He has an inspirational teaching style that gave me the freedom to express myself and try out new experiences in a safe environment. The techniques and exercises were really well paced and Neil has a unique ability to bring everyone along at their own pace. From someone who didn’t even want to get up and do a single scene on day one- trust me, once Neil gets you to the end of Level 2 you will be dying to do your own live show!
    – Louise McHugh (Assoc. Prof., UCD)

Buy tickets for this event now: