Show Name:

Improv for Actors Level 1 Full-Day Workshop: Glasgow

Host:

Collabor8te: Workspace & Meetings

Artists:

Date & Time:

SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2022 AT 5 PM – 1 AM UTC+08

Show Description:

We are so excited to be able to offer our Improv for Actors program in Glasgow!

This 10am-6pm workshop will take an in depth look at the foundation of improv performance, “Yes, and…”, and how it can help develop active listening, focused attention, and decision making–vital skills for actors.

This 8 hour workshop is only £60, £50 concession.

Anubis Improv was founded in New Orleans in 2018 by David Hamilton. David graduated from the improv program at Two Friends Improv, as well as both the improv and sketch programs at The New Movement, where, from 2014-2018, he served as co-conservatory director, tech director, building manager, and improv teacher and coach. He is a member of the film collective Windbreaker and performs improv with the duo troupe Kinross Kasunick, who recently performed at the Edinburgh International Improv Fest.

The Improv for Actors program has been running succesfully at The Working Actors’ Studio in New Orleans since 2019.

We are asking that all students be vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to test the day of the workshop.

More information and registration can be found at http://anubisimprov.com/actors/

Student Feedback:

“Outstanding facilitator/teacher. Experiential versus talking to us makes for a worthwhile learning opportunity.” -Michael

“I’m happy that I was finally able to take Improv Level 1. David is a terrific teacher. He gives excellent instruction and makes the class enjoyable. Initially, there is fear of the unknown; however, with the structure and atmosphere of the class along with David’s guidance, the fear dissipates and the fun begins. I enjoyed myself so much that I registered for Level 2.” -Kat

URL:

(7) Improv for Actors Level 1 Full-Day Workshop: Glasgow | Facebook